Sunday, January 04, 2009

Neither harsh or agreeable -

"A Fluttering Sound"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Today's post continues along a path of quiet reflection, patience and listening. In this instance, it's the anticipation of an answered prayer, I think. At the same time, it's partly the abstract stirrings of ideas as they begin to form, take shape and work their way out of the creative crevices of the mind. It happens often for me, this fluttering, and I'm not certain how well I've illustrated that here ... we do what we can, don't we?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

She's like a reflection of a memory, I'm trying to catch a glimpse, a forlorn thought, a feeling disappeared long ago.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Yes, that exists in this piece too. In addition, there's a bird-like shape to the right of the figure's head that took me along the fluttering path. Even so, in my experience, creativity often arrives as a glimpse, as easily forlorn as not and filled with that presence of a feeling that has disappeared. I like the way you put this, Susu. :)

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home