Friday, February 06, 2009

Illustration Friday: Time -

"Time Bandit I"
digital collage by Mick Mather
It's that time (pun intended) of the week again and here we are at Illustration Friday once more. In some sense, the fashion sense as it were, new styles and trends seem to go back in time for inspiration. Contemporary designers who mine the old claims often as not give us a fresh twist composed of equal parts future and that new way of thinking about the past. Work it, baby! Baby work out!

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, this is truly an art fashion illustration, I like it!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
It's funny, I never once had this piece in mind as a fashion illustration but you've nailed it. Gee wizz! :D

7:29 AM  
Blogger S. Collier said...

When I saw the thumbnail on IF I thought it was a clocktower - which was cool - and then I came to the site and it had a great twist on what I thought it was going to be. I'm sure you meant all of that to happen.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

THE CHARM SCHOOL DROPOUT:
You caught me, Sarah! :D

9:07 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

It reminds me of summer and crocket and maybe a long island isced tea, sipped slowlyh as to enjoy the sound of the day.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
Now you're talking. What a delightful way to spend an afternoon!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummmm...now this is interesting and makes me ponder un peu....I can see an image in the middle, true, but for some reason it makes me think of blue jeans, denim, with a rip in them.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Shani:
I really like this take on it. I can see the ripped denim too!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home