Sunday, February 01, 2009

Reality meets virtuality -

"Green Curtain"
manipulated digital photograph & digital drawing by Mick Mather
I have a wonderful digital drawing software program that I don't spend half as much time with as I'd like. In today's post, for example, I've taken a drawing and layered it into something else ... that something else might have been another digital drawing, a fractal flame or, as in this case, a photograph. The curtain always reminded me of that plastic, mesh material that has, indeed, been hung up and used as a shade or curtain. The photograph itself just happened to show a row of buds that appeared to me as hangers when the drawing was layered in. Now that I've completed this piece I seem inspired to do some more drawing today.

(listening to: "G-Day" by The Tapegerm Collective)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I think there's a sliver of room for it to shine through, Hélène. :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Maybe they are curtains but I see stair, leading to another dimension -somewhere where there is light.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Where there is light, you say? I take it that the place you dream of won't be Finland? Yet? :D

4:50 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Cool, really neat!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Mary Stebbins Taitt:
I'm glad you like this one. :)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home