Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Database? -

"Red River I"
digital collage by Mick Mather
- click image to view full size -

This will likely be the only piece to escape the Secret Visual Laboratory as I fiddle with the idea of database art. My early research tells me that I'm in the "after-the-novelty-wears-off" phase of layering data as a digital collage. While a valid way to express the voluminous amount of data available even in a single event or subject, I doubt that I'm making any meaningful inroads to new media. My suspicion is that I'm going to need more programming knowledge than I think I'm willing to tackle at the moment but, who knows.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

If all maps where like that we wouldn't get anywhere (because we'd keep our eyes on the map, not on the road).

5:09 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

like a AAA trip kit for charlie manson...I like it

5:19 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thak you, Hélène. :)

John:
Gee, I was thinking of Kesey and the age old question: "Are you on the bus? Or off the bus?" Further, dude. :)

5:53 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Colors are great but I'm not sure if I find my way back to Kansas...I see now yellow brick road!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
LMAO @ "I see now yellow brick road"! You're going to have to take me by the hand here Susu. :)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I agree with HPY. The loveliest map I have travelled with my eyes by far:)

6:47 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
I've put another check in the positive column! :)

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home