Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday Challenge: Big -

"So Big the Sky II"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
- click on image to view full size -

It's time for Thursday Challenge again. If I'd had my wits about me, I could've used this image for big, the theme for this week. In some ways, I'm kind of glad , otherwise I may have continued to pass this particular piece by. I'll be posting the first version of this at No Matter What Shape-The Archive and you can see that one here if you have an extra minute or two.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

A big and sheltering sky.

5:33 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

So big the sky and so small the clouds. Ours are just letting a heavy rain pour down. Impossible to see the sky for all that water! Would you like some?

6:06 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Those clouds indicate a lake effect band of snow that stretches 'cross the middle length of Lake Ontario. Lovely to see, but a hazard to drivers once the blizzard hits land at the eastern end, causing whiteouts that can last dozens of miles.

hpy:
A week ago I would've said to go ahead and send some. Today we have our own rain with high winds to accompany it.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

Tremendous. This is beautiful!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Seth:
Thanks very much ... I hope you had an opportunity to see this alternate version.

6:14 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

Yes, this is very powerful and stunning. High five.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
I have to admit that the original, untouched photo was a bit of snoozer. That's one of the things I love about digital manipulation, though, every picture now has potential to become something better.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

There's much unknown space in the sky :) I like this, peaceful but somehow... hmm, threatening.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Elegia:
You don't know how right you are, Elegia! :)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home