Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lazing On A Sunny Afternoon -

"Part of the Equation"
digital collage by Mick Mather
A gorgeous day, temps hitting 80...that's what I'm talking about! Just the sort of a day to laze around doing what comes naturally. The work in the studio f'rinstance, kept simple, consisted of sorting through some old mailart files and the Eraser Carvers Quarterly Archive. Lots of scanning and organizing and planning - all easy, restful and enjoyable tasks, believe it or not. This evening I worked on a number of older files that had been sitting idle for a week or more. Tonight's post settles on an image that almost made it into the Selfportrait Series. Key word there is "almost" because it didn't start out being me, but ends up bearing some little bit of resemblance....funny, too! Itkupilli and I were just talking about that this afternoon. Go figure!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Tell me about it!!! I was trying to make a new piece, but it started becoming me...I've made so many selfportraits lately, that I thought that's enough. But then I couldn't finish anything, also nothing at workplace, I sould have done also something basic relaxing... :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
See what I mean? The work just walks away in its own direction sometimes. Now, where did I put that cognac? :D

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home