Tuesday, April 24, 2007

NEW from The Making Faces Series -

"An Idea Forming"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I was just having some fun, again, with this piece from the Making Faces Series. By the time it was finished there were a near-dozen working proofs and finished images. I was too close to it and had to put it away for a while. Last week, afforded an opportunity to look at it with fresh eyes, I began to see something in the upper left hand corner. A pattern, a hazy beginning or, perhaps, a washed out ending. For those of us who believe that ideas float free in the ether, waiting for someone, anyone, more then one, to wrestle them into the real world, this piece is as close as I can come to illustrating the process. Hence, the title of tonight's image...and I wonder, ought I to snag that little triangle and fiddle a bit more with it? And so, as the sun sinks slowly in the west, our hero can be seen chasing the fog and a dream.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home