Monday, May 07, 2007

Moody Monday: Rich -

"She Owned Every Yellow Flower"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
I wasn't sure how the photograph featured in tonight's post for Moody Monday was going to turn out and I was stunned when I finally got a good look at it. Twice today I happened to witness, on separate occasions, a little girl picking wildflowers, treasure equivalent to gold it seemed to me, both times. After giving them a good look, a sniff and a twirl, not yet having learned greed, both were happily offering their riches to family members. In this case, the heir apparent was the grandfather. So, as for this week's theme, rich, today's transactions and those who had the good fortune to witness them, are surely rich beyond our wildest dreams!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

This is not just a very beautiful piece of art, it is your heart which lifts it up. You are a very beautiful person. You touch my soul. That is art, nothing else. Despite what is the topic, your expression is brilliant. Sometimes funny, sometimes more profound, but always you perceive the essential. Was difficult to find rigt words, I hope you understand what I mean. I really admire you. You are a true and sincere artist.
Love Kirsi

12:59 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

This is beautiful.
It looks very nostalgic somehow.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Jeepers ... the BIGGEST blush of the season over these comments! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. As for the way you put it all into words? You did it very, very well and I do understand. Your grasp of English is excellent. :)

Elegia:
Another blush from your delightful comments too. I wasn't seeking a look that had a feeling of nostalgia to it, but I suppose that's one quality it holds. Thanks so much for saying so. :)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home