Saturday, April 28, 2007

For Gentlemen only, Ladies Invited -

"I Love You"
digital collage by Mick Mather
As I turned over the anniversary poem that is the basis for tonight's post, I sat stunned and amazed as the idea began to form. The torn scrap of newsprint was scanned, both sides, then the fun began. In essence, this is all about telling the ones you love that you love them - every day. Me? I've been in love enough times to know that this makes perfect sense. So, to you whom I love dearly and tell everyday, your reward comes each 24 hours. For a few, I tell you as often as I'm able. To the unfortunate, who never heard these words spoken between us, this piece is a dedication. Finally, for you who had nothing to say at all in the face of my sleeve borne heart? A quote from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: "IF I LOVE YOU, WHAT BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS?"

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mick said...

Somehow my comment approval for this particular post got turned off - it's taken me all day to fiure it out. This post from Itkupilli is now where it belongs:

*ItkUpiLLi* said...

Since there was no possibility to comment on your last post, I will do it anyway here:

Beautiful packing for most beautiful content. I've been forced to take the heaviest course in love. I was so afrait that the lesson will be the total lost of faith and trust. But faith and love has no meaning without using. So what I learned was, that the price of giving is to get. What you give, is what you get. So your idea, indeed is brilliant, only it don't need any media, idea it self is already the thing, but on the other hand the blessing of art is that you can express your feelings perharps faster...difficult to write and I'm a little bit nervous about my English, I just got email, there was told that my English is interesting....sounds quite dangerous.
12:54 AM

6:11 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:

(I finally fixed my comment aprroval box...now your beautiful comment above and this reply reside where they belong.)

Be that as it may, I thank you so much for your insightful comment. It is so true that in order to get, you first have to give...sometimes one must keep on giving and giving and giving with, it may appear, no reward. There is always a reward even if only credits in Heaven.

I also believe that artists love more than many. At the same time, we may not understand the mechanics of giving, perhaps even of getting, love in return. So, we draw, we paint, we write, we act, we compose, we dance!

I love you! :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home