Friday, April 27, 2007

Illustration Friday: Remember -

"Selfportrait of the Artist Ogling the Object of His Affection"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I'm on a roll this week with new images for The Selfportrait Series. At least, they're new to you folks. Most of them have been languishing in the files for some time now, waiting for just the right moment to make an appearance. It's a little amazing that I've found so many images for this series within the same week that fit my favorite meme sites - remember for instance, this week's theme at Illustration Friday. After dusting off and cranking up the Wayback Machine, I revisited my middle school days and one of my first loves, an all consuming crush that, I believe, went totally unspoken at the time. Ut oh, if this keeps up I'll be back in my therapists office before the cock crows!

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger BMT said...

I like this. I've never had the courage to dig through my old yearbooks for collage fodder. Too embarrassing!

Hello from another daily artblogger :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Marg:
At my age, I suppose I've outgrown my issues of embarrassment although I surely understand what you mean. Thanks for the comment and judging from your own Daily Scratches blog, I bet some of that old yearbook stuff, manipulated well, would work just fine with minimal pangs or blush! Go for it!

4:08 PM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Sweet memories...so you really have those yearsbooks...I only know Americans through TV and it seems to be so strange country...very interesting....I really don't know any Americans in person, just realized that...well very nice "SP" once more.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Thank you again...I should reveal part of the secret, however...even though I do have my old yearbooks (at least, my mum has them) this is, as with most of my selfportraits, a collaged piece that takes a bit from here and a bit from there.

I do have to chuckle over your saying, "I only know Americans through TV". TV isn't very representative of America - even we have to say to ourselves from time to time that things as portrayed on TV don't really happen the way it seems. So, you only know about American Actors and Screen Writers whose messages often contain hidden political agenda's. Please visit some day and meet some real people if you want to know what we're really like. :)

5:56 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

I believe people in general are very equivalent and still unique despite where they live, but some differences I notice between Europians and Americans. We have here so much prejustice against America, so I think it's always good to discuss about things and be open-minded. Well I don't bother more about this and
I've always dreamed to visit NY.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Yes, you've said this very well. :)

7:07 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

like your style here!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

arvindh:
Thank you very much. I took a moment to drift quickly through your "ART" blog and I like your drawings, very reminiscent of my own early efforts. I'll be back soon to view more.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home