Saturday, May 12, 2007

Political art -

"49th Senate District, New York State"
montage by Mick Mather
Last year at election time, Hart Seely, a writer for The Syracuse Post-Standard, called me with an interesting request. "Mick, have a look at some of the maps of the state Senate and Legislative districts. Tell me what you see?" We had a meeting, we looked at dozens of gerrymandered district maps, discussed what the abstract shapes might be and then he let me loose to do 3 montages to illustrate his forthcoming article. At this point, I don't recall which of them went into the paper, however, it was only one image, not three. I'm still waiting for a check too...I bet it's "in the mail". In any case, here's one of the three images submitted. I'll post the other two as it seems appropriate to do so. You can read "appropriate" to mean anything from a long day to a short nap. :D

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home