Wednesday, June 20, 2007

NEW from The She's Not There Series -

"They Say It's Your Birthday"
montage by Mick Mather
This piece is quite old and, until now, there haven't been additions to this series since 2005. As a body of work the pieces were always very personal for me, one might even say cathartic. In any case, there's really nothing further for me to say here except that, in spite of the distance between that time and this, some thoughts cannot be controlled, tamed or suppressed. "They", as referenced in the title, happen to be said thoughts. Personally? As already stated, I have nothing further to say. (Sigh).

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

This feels and seems really a very personal picture, I don't quite grasp my thoughts, only feelings: longing, sadness, maybe.
Don't know. Disturbing(not the picture, but my own thoughts -I like them to be controlled...)

2:38 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
There are two things happening in this image. The first, as it says in the post, is very personal for me and having worked through that period of my life I try not to revisit or agonize over it.
The other is something a bit more tongue-in-cheek where the subject seems to be biting her fingernails over the arrival of another birthday and the passing of another year. :D

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home