Monday, June 11, 2007

Moody Monday: Loved Up -

"Loved Up"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
Hmmmm, Loved Up? It's the weekly theme at Moody Monday and, I suppose, just a new, hip way to say "give up all your love". As I studied this photograph of my 3-year old granddaughter, Leighlund, my thinking was, "is there any other way?" Funny this, because love seems to be a common topic for me these days. In fact, giving up all the love I have to give, to my family, friends, crushes, fantasies, even a few strangers (you know who you are) is the way I've lived my whole life. Lately, a few more people I've come to care very much for have told me that this way of living so emotionally shows up in my work. Well now, that's purty darned good then, innit? :D

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger valerie walsh said...

It sure is Mick! Very nice!!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

valgal:
Thanks so much - with my usual blush. I don't suppose it shows that I adore that little 3-year old?

10:46 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Adorable! Most beautiful image! I admire you bravery. Your way of showing your feelings is something very beautiful. You really dare and care. That makes you real artist. I’m so proud and happy of knowing you. You give so much inspiration and courage also for me. Mick you are fine man.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

THIS is beautiful... absolutely.... and yes... it shows!
Keep up that good lovin...its workin for you..

11:16 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Blush, blush & blush! You know I feel the same about you.

Janice:
I thank you again and again for recognizing that this little one is the light of my life. Even so, I understand that my mission in life is to be her "get out of jail free" card*! :)

*(a reference to the game of Monopoly - for those who may not know of it, the contextual, colloquial meaning here is that I come to her rescue, loving her always and unconditionally, no matter what she may have done)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home