Saturday, June 16, 2007

Way out there -

"The Wild Ride With Liquid Colors"
montage by Mick Mather
I've been messing about with this piece for weeks, taking it way outside my usual boundaries and leaving it there to simmer. After a few days, further still and simmer. This morning I kept going and going and going, almost to that point where it would need to simmer again. As happens more often than not, the last few layers began to reveal what I was after. I gave it another handful of tweaks, inversions, dithering and colorization, but now I can comfortably say that I have it. This piece lives beyond that far edge that I'm so fond of taking excursions to and, therefore, a bit different than what you may be used to. I hope you like it.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

I love this...there are just all ”my colors” intensive cool bright colors, but yet just right hint dirty shade…I really don’t know how to describe my thoughts… I’m crazy about colors, they have been very important part of my life...I’ve studied and worked so much with colors…I could talk hours…but yes I see, that you really are great with colors…I think that we have quite similar eye for things….

Oh and there nothing wrong with composition eather....

11:53 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

itkupilli:
There's only one thing left to say here that my BIG blush isn't saying already! Thanks so much!

1:23 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

An exciting combination of brightness and smoothness!
In beautiful balance.

For some reason I see a big fish (a shark?) in the coral blue sea with golden dots on the surface and hints of green leaves in the depth.

Hmm, I think I need my sleep:))

But, I like your work.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks for another insightful comment. Shark!!!??? Hmmmm, I still don't see it ... perhaps I need MY sleep too! :D

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home