Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Blue -

"Break Time at the Blueprint Shop"
montage by Mick Mather
The weekly Thursday Challenge theme this time around is "blue". As I was working on various layers of tonight's post, the blue versions quickly became the most dramatic in my mind's eye. I should warn those of you who haven't already recognized the fact, I've been exploring a few dark alleys recently. I also have to admit that no one is likely to be quite as surprised as I happen to be myself. From time to time I wander off in fits of experimentalist overreach where I find myself taking reckless chances, pressing my luck and coloring way outside the lines. I was just talking about this not so many weeks back and some of the work recently posted is the fruit of that labor. Is this a permanent direction? That remains to be seen. In the meantime I continue with my efforts to better control a new software program and some rather difficult plug-in filters.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like this blue. it reminds me of an emerald sea. Beautiful

5:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I see what you mean about an emerald sea. With a blush I say that I'm pleased you like it.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Catnapping said...

this gives me a sense of a man, a draftsman, sitting in jeans working in an office refurbished from an old industrial plant...the summer sun is filtering through the antique, multi-paned windows...and a vague hum from the brand new airconditioner is lulling the draftsman to daydream...

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

catnapping:
I'm delighted at your take on this piece. I hesitate to disrupt the marvelous reverie of your imagery and could say more; but, I think I'll leave it alone for the time being.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home