Friday, June 08, 2007

Illustration Friday: Suit -

"Selfportrait of the Artist As A Suit"
montage by Mick Mather
Sometimes I wish that Illustration Friday would provide the theme for the next week as well as for the current one. I've been working on a series of playing cards and this week suit is - ahem! - tailor made for that work. Oh well, considering this old Irish saying that I like so much, "If wishes were horses, beggars could ride", I suppose I should just give it up and move forward. I've done exactly that in the end with this new addition to The Selfportrait Series. That said, it's way after "Happy Hour" and it's high time for a nice glass of Sangiovese. :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Janice Ykema said...

Neat piece Mick..., I like the negative spacial qualities.and the aura like colours.... .

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Janice:
Thanks, with my usual blush. This piece was compressed to fit the frame - giving me a wide, stocky look - then layer after layer and filter after filter. Toward the end of the process this iridescent green color appeared! What a happy accident and I'm glad you liked them too. :)

6:04 PM  
Blogger vfm4 said...

great work, Mick, i love the form and texture, and the colour, of course! :-)

4:01 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

vmf4:
As always, it's a good day when you stop by for a look at my work. Thanks for this comment.

5:02 AM  
Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

The Suit makes the man...and if the man even makes the suit...wow! suit you....you are for sure my favourite selfportrait artist, at least...:)

2:22 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Gee wizzikers (blush!) ... I thank you for the always wonderful comments. I must admit, I do look rather good in a suit and often wear one. :)

BTW - I like the new icon photo very much!

4:21 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

I love this! The colors are radiant, and hey, you're looking a little Tony Bennett-ish!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
It must be blushing that brings the radiance outta me! Tony? Now that's GOOD company. :D

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home