Sunday, July 29, 2007

Drawing With Leighlund Series -

"The Baby Picture"
digitally manipulated drawing by Mick Mather
- original drawing by Leighlund Ruth Vincett -
It's been a wonderful weekend - much of it spent photographing, drawing and painting with my granddaughter, Leighlund. Tonight's piece is from a collage with drawing that she originally made for me at Father's Day. Towards the bottom, quite faint, is a circle with two dots for the eyes and a line for the mouth as well as one very long, single hair on top of the head. I took that drawn element, biggered it, tucked it into my usual 400 X 270 pixel working frame and started running it through the filter array here at the secret visual laboratory. Since the paintings that we did today (also including one by my other granddaughter, Keisha) aren't dry, I haven't had an opportunity to scan them for posting ... I will one day soon. Same deal with the photographs taken by my daughter Lisa while the three artistes were hard at work. I did get a lovely little photo of Leighlund that can be seen here. :)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Chessboard wirh smiley cat. That was my first construction of this picture. Maybe that's cause the trail you can see in the picture. Can you too? And down there is a cat's smiley face!

It could be sand too and trees behind the yellow water.

This is very ambiguous! I like it :)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I thank you so much for this take on the picture. You've seen it, I think, through the eyes of a child. It does look like a cat face on a checkerboard. I wonder if my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter would be as descriptive? One day she surely will. :)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Well, sometimes I feel very childish. I'm still looking for the clouds and the meanings of them ;-)

5:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Me too! :D

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home