Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"If I Had A Box Just For Wishes" -

"Lissa's Most Fabulous Birthday"
$50 unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digital collage by Mick Mather
Great gal pal and sometimes collaborator, Melissa Morgan, is having a birthday today. No, we can't say how many but, trust me, when the spanking begins its gonna be a few whacks! As I worked on this piece the lyrics to an old Jim Croce song, "Time In A Bottle", kept racing 'round my head. There are only a few people in a lifetime that can make one feel this way and I've been lucky enough to have met more than my fair share in mine. Cheers to ya and bottoms up! Oops, sorry, the spanking comes later! :)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Would you open a Pandora's box for wishes?
Happy birthday to your friend. Is she from Scotland as you have put a tartan behind her? ;)

12:46 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

What a beautiful way to congratulate your friend, Mick. You are a good friend.
(and grats from me, too, without the spanking...)

12:53 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

have spent a really pleasant few minutes viewing your splendid art and images. would like very much to invite you onto discharge but to do that i need to send an ivite (via google) to you. if you are interested then please contact me at...utilityfishshed@hotmail.co.uk.

cheers.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thanks for the additional birthday greeting and indeed I would open that box! As we all know, the only thing left inside is "hope". Who among us couldn't use an unlimited supply of that? Melissa is not from Scotland as far as I know - although she and I both have fabulous Scottish surnames. Nope, not a tartan but this isn't the first time that a layered background has appeared as one. :)

susupetal:
Awww, thanks to you for the sweet comment on the birthday announcement. Are you sure you don't want spankings when yours arrives? It's tradition you know. :D

cocaine jesus:
Thanks so very much, with my usual blush, for your opening comments. Thanks again for thinking to invite me over to "discharge". I took a quick peek at "discharge 2" via your profile page blog list. Are they the same? It took so long to load one image that I had to close out but I'll go back when I have more time and will surely send you an email soon.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home