Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Crazy Ivan -

"Two Women"
digitally manipulated torn paper collage
In Tom Clancy's novel, "The Hunt For Red October", there comes a point where Jack Ryan asks if the Russian Captain has pulled a Crazy Ivan yet. In military gamesmanship, this refers to a sudden 90-degree turn meant to discover and discourage another submarine from being a successful shadow. As it turns out, I did a Crazy Ivan of my own last night when I spotted some scraps of torn newspaper in the recycling bin - left over while clipping out a recent article in the local papers regarding the Totem Project in downtown Syracuse. Anyway, they were begging to be tossed onto the scanner bed and then run through the usual array here at the secret visual laboratory. It was fun, relaxing and it is what it is. It also happens to be exactly what I needed at that moment.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Your secret visual laboratory seems a nice place. To create something is the best therapy, at least for me.

I haven't done crazy Ivan yet. Maybe some day.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks so much (blush!) ... as you may already know, the Secret Visual Laboratory is just another way of referring to my studio. It is a wonderful place, else I couldn't spend so much time there. By the way, Crazy Ivan's are very handy things to employ at the right time. :D

9:00 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Studio is just a pale word -secret visual laboratory tells much more!

Yes, I should rehearse that crazy Ivan-thing, it might be handy some time:)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
ROFLMAO!!! Quite correct about the pale word. It truly is my Secret Visual Laboratory. :D

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home