Sunday, September 09, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

"The Golden Peach"
erasercut by Mick Mather
I think I mentioned something about posting a few of my block-relief prints last week. Well, here we have a portrait of the lovely Donna Lee. She and I were great mailart pals back in the late 1980's and into the 90's. We almost met one cool, Spring evening in Omaha, Nebraska but alas, it was not meant to be - yours truly, who had been working on his travel calendar for months simply screwed up the arrival date by a full 24 hours! Anyway, her handle in those haughty days of art exchanges via the mail, was The Golden Peach. Now, I really must go, the NFL Season has begun and I have much to do to get everything situated for as many of the 3 available games as I can handle!

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

?????

American football is not my cup of tea, but let's talk about soccer!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
I don't believe you could call me much of a sports fan. I do LOVE the New York Giants football team and try to watch their games during the season. Other than that, only The World Cup holds any interest for me! :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

only if the Netherlands are in the final of the world championships, then I can behave myself as an animal. Even my dog is frightened for my shouting then.
As a matter of fact beautiful orange image Mick

1:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Thanks so much, Trijnie. It seemed to me that this color on top of the peach colored paper might lend itself to a golden look that would match Donna's mailart nickname. :)

4:18 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Too happy to be true, I think.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Am I making the right connection here? You mean the color isn't quite golden enough because she looks so happy?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

The color is great. The girl just looks too happy ;) But she has lovely hear!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
LMAO @ myself! Silly me, your comment is quite obvious now that I look at it again. As I recall, Donna was just as you see her here, mostly happy ... and what about you, Elegia? Mostly happy too, yes? Thanks for mentioning the hair, it's my favorite part of this image. :)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home