Saturday, September 08, 2007

One more for HPY -

"The HPY House Project"
digital collage by Mick Mather
- base image layer by typoGenerator -

The House Project was officially closed by HPY on Thursday. This morning, via Collage Clearinghouse, I stumbled into this wonderful project, White on White, curated by The International Museum of Collage, Assemblage and Construction. There's a lot of terrific work over there, including "White on White Words" by Debra Dresler, where the five words in this post first caught my eye. As I read them, my thinking immediately went to HPY and her houses and I couldn't resist running things through my new, most fave gadget, typoGenerator! To complete the collage I added the five white words in another font that I like along with a small house plan. If you ever get ambitious enough to create a little book, HPY, perhaps this might be the cover. :D

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

Beautiful! What more do you (I) need in a house than rocks for it to stand on, water around it, and a man inside the walls that make the house?
You're not the only one who gave me two houses - the other ones didn't think of posting the second one or their own blog!
And you're right, your collage would be a nice cover for a book. May I borrow it some day?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy,
Thanks for the kind word of course. As I was finishing it, that idea of you using it for a cover was definitely what I had in mind. Please do feel free to use it however you wish, including reposting at your place at any time you like. :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

This is funny! Much details in one pic. And the colours are very vital too. What else can woman need: water, MEN, a house and rock! Walls protect us.

I have to learn more about that typogenerator! =)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I tried Typo, it was funny :D

11:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed this and that you've tried typoGenerator yourself. It is a lot of fun! I've been know to sit for hours, pushing the generate button and waiting for something very cool to emerge ... and, something always does!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

so this is the perfect house?!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
LMAO at the question. Probably not - only HPY can tell us for sure. :D

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home