Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Outside -

"Outside"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
Aside from the fact that this Thursday Challenge theme, outside, drives the subject matter, I'm not really here. I'm in a meeting and then to an art opening at The Delavan Art Gallery. My good friends Michael Berman and John Dowling will have a number of pieces there and I'm looking forward to seeing some new work. If things go according to plan, I'll talk way too much and look way too little ... hopefully with some cheap, red wine to go along with it. :D

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

I think she's pregnant, isn't she? I like this figure and her position: looking down. She might be outside but the other is not. Great!

9:12 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

That woman may be outside, but she's looking at somehing inside.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Perhaps, it does look that way and the idea of that possibility surely gives the image another dimension.

hpy:
Whether it's the scenario that Elegia suggests or the idea that the woman's gaze is transfixed, looking elsewhere - in deep thought perhaps and therefor outside herself - it's wonderful to have these questions on the table. :)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

I agree, she is not aware of the outside

12:09 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
First, I say welcome home.
That said, with this piece I have another one of those images where things can be two things at once and each with another dual meaning. Yes, she's so far inside that she's probably outside of herself while, at the same time, she's outside, as in out-of-doors, inside the real world even while cut off from reality! Phew! Does anyone have questions? :D

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home