Wednesday, November 07, 2007

One step forward, two steps back -

"Defining Solutions for Serious Issues, With Cocktail"
digital collage by Mick Mather
With more than a week's worth of puffery and ill advised, self effacing innuendo over the new work I decided to step back a bit. I've retreated into old and familiar territory for the past 48 hours. As far as I can tell, it's a purposeful measure of distance traveled from familiar shores. I can also revel a little while in the double entendre present here. Other than that it's time for - what else? - a cocktail!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

As they say - to be used with moderation. (When they talk about cocktails...)

12:18 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Yesh! :D

7:35 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

This is very mystic. I do can see the cocktail in her hand. I think she has a good company. Almost a smile.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I've been to many cocktail parties where people gather in small clusters and attempt to solve the problems of the world in the most simplistic, broad and general way. It's fun to talk about things over a few drinks, but it's likely not an effective method for resolution of real, serious issues. Even so, sometimes the spark of an idea results from such discourse. I'm glad you liked it, Elegia. :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

I posted here yesterday to tell you that I was impressed by this image. It is like a watercolorpainting.
My comment was not shown here.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
I thank you for this positive reaction to the piece. I don't say it a lot, but my goal is almost always to make my photo-manipulations look like paintings in the end.
I can't explain the disappearing comment, though, other than to say it happens more often than we like it to and for a variety of reasons. So, thanks for coming back to leave this one, Trijnie. :)

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home