Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday Challenge: Transparent -

"Transparent"
photograph by Mick Mather
Transparent is this week's theme at Thursday Challenge and, once again, I've chosen a straight photograph with no manipulation. This was taken at Rick Destito's building, known as "The Gear Factory", that houses studio space for artists, rehearsal rooms for musicians and a long range plan to rehab the upper floors into live/work space. Before I dash off for a well deserved nap I recommend clicking on the link to have a peek at what some of the young, movers and shakers in Syracuse are making a reality. Zzzz-zzz-zzz-zzz! :)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

This is cool. This really fits to topic!! And very cool plans those young movers and shakers has done to createa kick ass city to live in. :))

9:29 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Like a hologram in glass wall. I like the cold colors.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

itkupilli:
Thanks so much for the comment and especially for going to Rick's site to see the big dream. Little by little, things are happening and it's very exciting to watch! :)

elegia:
Yes! I'd forgotten those old holograms that look a little like this. Thanks for mentioning the colors, I hadn't thought about them at all until you mentioned it.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

an interesting image

11:57 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
As I say in the post, for once I use a photograph - just as it is - with no manipulation. What I particularly like about it is the textured glass window that actually looks like one of the filters I use from time to time. You can see the entry way in this photograph of the whole building and my photo is that part to the right side of the door.

6:37 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I think I'll take a nap too.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I love my nap time! :)

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home