Friday, November 30, 2007

Illustration Friday: Excess -

"Jamaica on Sunday"
digital collage by Mick Mather
In addition to being my contribution to this week's Illustration Friday - the theme is excess - the image is also something NEW from The Papers Series. It's a collage of some of the news items that appeared during hurricane season this year. As I was looking at it again I thought, what better sums up the idea of excess than the sight of your car floating down the street. Yup, excess wind, excess rain and excess destruction!

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Some things are just too much.

Kind of cool this pic, plain and yet tells so much. Effective!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Thanks, Susu. I've been right at the bottom of the well much of this past week and I wasn't really sure about this one. Your words are always a comfort to me. :)

8:56 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Si it's you down here, Mick...yes, I know the feeling.

But up we go, some day?

9:04 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
There is no doubt, up we go someday. Pure physics provides the ruling: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

9:50 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Great photo. I love the rings around the car. Powerful!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
Thanks, Laurel. The power of nature is mighty indeed.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

intriging picture, I am glad we have no hurricanes here.
We live 10 feeth or more below sea-level, stupid "Nederlanders" ;(

12:42 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
I don't suppose you have a lock on below sea level after our disaster in New Orleans when a hurricane ruined the levees and the floods occurred. Reclaiming land that way is always a great risk.

3:13 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Some destruction here too after the last storm..I saw no swimming cars however.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LOL @ no swimming cars. I saw the photograph you posted yesterday - or was it early today? - very stormy and gray for sure.

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home