Saturday, November 24, 2007

Another something old -

"Receiving Line Seats"
digital collage by Mick Mather
It's funny how the images that you research and review over the course of a morning, an afternoon, a day, a week or a month will stick in the subconscious and lead you to a similar color palette in your own work. For one reason and another, I've been immersed in looking at the colors of autumn, in particular is this stunning manipulated photograph by Jeff Clow. To be fair, I've also been looking at a lot more landscapes although I'm not really sure why. Perhaps just to soothe the eye as we transition between seasons here in the Central Region of New York State. Tonight's post, residing on the other side of a seasonal transition - from winter to spring - contains a lot of the same soft, warm and comforting hues...and the world keeps goin' 'round.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, the strays of sun and a warm breeze, trees in full and the green so overwhelming! Summer. This pic just yells it out loud:
SUMMER!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Now that I have you out of your winter funk for a few minutes, what will you do with that hopeful feeling? :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Don't know yet, have to take a drink and think about it...

12:01 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
My glass is raised to you, Susu! :D

12:49 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Thank you Mick, it's last for tonight, it's 11.30 PM here and I'm soon off to bed. Good night.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Sleep tight and remember to keep a pencil and paper on the night stand - to write down your dream when you wake up. Or, just in case, your nightmare. Elina will want to know about that one! :D

3:11 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

She looks pretty proud. Proud to be me (who remember that song?).

I should also get some sleep and see some nightmares - Good night!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
Gee, I know a lot of songs, but not that one. Who recorded it?

2:28 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Mick, I tryed to find the song in Youtube, but I couldn't. I don't remember the singer (She). Shame!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
It's still a mystery I'm afraid.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home