Saturday, December 08, 2007

Back to the Futurists -

"Girl With a Futurist Haircut"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Finally one of the busiest weeks I've had all year at my office is over and it looks like I have a little bit of downtime between now and my holiday vacation. I've had this rather old image in the files that was one of my early experiments in The Making Faces Series. While it didn't work out for me back then, there was something about it that kept me coming back every few months. Today I began working on it seriously again with the idea that this is already sitting comfortably on the fringes of futurism and rayonism. Hence, the title of today's post.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Hmm, this looks to me like the 80's -a horrible decade for fashion, haircut and tv-shows....

10:43 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
You have a point, although I was much too busy to watch very much TV in that decade. In any case, since futurism will soon be celebrating it's 100th birthday in 2009, it was another of my little jokes to call this a futurist piece. It would've been just as funny to say so in the 1980's I think. That said, I toyed around with the idea of calling it neo-futurism but that just sounded silly ... and, does anyone really want the politics of that movement back again? Ever?

On the bright side, Susu, we'd ALL like to see some photos of you from the 1980's ... hair and fashion please. Did you have one of those Ziggy Stardust, silver jumpsuits? :D

11:07 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

I saw her teeth only...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
LMAO - that's a darned homely overbite alright! I was going to fix them but decided not to ... I'm glad I didn't! :D

1:26 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

No Ziggy for me -the 80's went by for me without TV and popular music. I was strictly into rhyhtm'n blues and dressed cool. Black and chic, c'est moi....

10:33 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Okay, let's see Susu dressed all in black and oh so chic! :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, no we don't...:))

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO @ the very, very shy Susu! :)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home