Monday, December 03, 2007

Moody Monday: Chaotic -

"The Equalizer's Holiday Tree"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
The week's theme, chaotic, over at Moody Monday gave me plenty of ideas so, instead of following one of the good ones, I went careening through the photo vaults. After fiddling with an interesting photograph of a Christmas Tree in a dark living room the resulting heavy pixelation looked darned chaotic to me. Actually, too much so and I had to run it all through another filter to soften things up a bit. Holiday trees always seemed to be about a controlled chaos if you ask me (even though I know you aren't) so here you have it.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Pretty chaotic Christmas tree. Bur Christmas is - and tree too. But I like the lights, so soft and warm.

9:46 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Chaotic light - yes Christmas is a very chaotic time of the year with people hurrying everywhere.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
I'm glad you like it. There's no blood on the tree yet, but wait a few weeks. The usual family squabble over the Holidays might add another red decoration! :D

hpy:
Yes, that scurrying about was primary in my thinking with this piece. Thanks, Helene! :)

6:03 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I'm never in a hurry at Christamas time and I don't get it what's the fuss about. People seem to like the Christmas chaos, they can't survive without it.
Weird.

I'm rather glad that there aren't (yet) any blood on the tree, although green and red make a good mix.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Personally, I prefer that Christmas in July thing that goes on over here. :D

1:58 PM  
Blogger Trijnie said...

it it normal when I say I hate all the fuzz, during christmas time?!.
My children are grownups. We don't give eachother presents, I always cook a healthy meal and we have e good time together.
Christmas in July that a good idea

5:08 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

griesmail:
Yes, Trijnie, I think its very common to find the fuzz of Christmas annoying. Anyway, grown children? I'm doing the math and it must be that you were a child bride! :)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home