Sunday, December 02, 2007

NEW from The Memory Series -

"A Future Memory of Leighlund"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I've been working with images of my youngest granddaughter quite a bit lately. Soon enough she will be 4 years old and it seems like last week that I was holding her, from tip to toe, in one hand. That old expression, "they grow up way too fast", is becoming a reality for me and I was taken by surprise when this piece began to reveal itself as a portent or premonition. While doing a bit of final touch-up, it occurred to me that I was staring into the fully grown countenance of that sweet little girl. Yes, my thinking, realist mind has been dutifully branded and I know my role as "Poppa" ... get out of jail free for the next 21 years!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

You're a future maker, Mick!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Only by accident, Susu. :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Hmm, she looks quite old to be 4 years!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
LOL ... you're correct! This is how I expect she might look at 25. :)

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home