Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Nature -

"Walk Out of the Darkness"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

photograph by Mick Mather
I posted this photograph a number of years ago and it's always been one of my favorites. Since it suits the theme - nature - at Thursday Challenge this week, I decided to use it again. It's the stark, sudden shift from dark to light that always speaks to me when I view this photograph and, as a boy who spent most summers in the woods, this is a comfortable and familiar sight for me. Just as an aside, I was torn between this image and another photograph of yet another tree. You can see it here at No Matter What Shape - The Archive.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Trijnie said...

this is so peaceful, wish I could sit there for a while

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

womann in glass:
Thanks for saying so, Trijnie. Since I did get to be there at the time that I took this photograph I can testify to the truth of that peaceful feeling.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Wow, this is very mysterious and.. How can I say, very exotic and wonderful. I would like to go there and wander around. Exciting, I love really love this, Mick!

10:09 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

It's like an old fashioned paining. Just as lovely.

11:24 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

The alliance of shadow and light is always fascinating, like in this picture, which I like very much.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
I'm so delighted that you feel this way about it too! Even more so that you put it into such a beautiful comment. :)

hpy:
I often see my photographs as paintings - whether they resemble a painting or not. I'm pleased to hear you say so. :)

susupetal:
There were so many metaphors and allegorical references to be made with this image that I simply didn't attempt to go there. I really like the simplicity of having each of you tell me how much you like it or love it. As an artist, I can truly say that I've done my job today. :)

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home