Wednesday, January 23, 2008

NEW from The Mr Existence Series -

"Man and the Moon"
$50 Unframed - LUCAS GALLERY

digitally manipulated fractal flame & collage by Mick Mather
This is a series of work that goes all the way back to my earliest days of digital drawings in MS Paint. You can see the piece that got me started down this road in this block-of-4 artistamps or, since you're here, why not go see the whole series. Come to that, yes, I know I have some work to do to make things continuitous as regards Mr. vs Mister but, what the hey! I'm too busy looking at the current addition to worry about that right now ... hmm, I better send myself an email reminder. Anyway, there's a connection here with the lower right artistamp and we must ask the question, is Mr. Existence tired of being The Man in the Moon? Here, he seems to holding the moon at arms length having just accomplished some prestidigitation using the distraction of a yellow handkerchief. Applause, applause!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Trijnie said...

It is as the person is under the ice. It is such a fresh and sparkling image

1:38 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

That's my favourite for the moment. I could see a big one just like that over my sofa. A very big one.

6:01 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I love those colours, so rich and powerful! The brown looks like chocolat, I'm ready for a bite!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

womann in glass:
This particular filter does have that wet or icy look to it. I'm glad you found it refreshing. :)

hpy:
WOW! This is quite a complement, Helene! I wouldn't mind seeing this sofa-size myself ... anyway, thanks so much! :)

susupetal:
Thank you, thank you, Susu! Be careful of that chocolate, though ... else you'll end up with a mouthfull of corduroy pants! :O

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home