Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Quick -

"Leighlund Has A Piece of Cake"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
Last weekend my granddaughter came to visit Poppa. Having overslept, I jumped out of bed and rushed to the door to let her in, attempting to smooth down a particularly wild section of bed hair along the way! As little ones will often do, there was a quiz about my funny, unkempt appearance to which I replied, "Poppa has a wing in his hair." That seemed to settle things as we hurried to the kitchen to get the promised, last piece of Poppa's Birthday Cake. It was eaten as quick as that brown fox that's always jumping over things in his hurry to get away from the proverbial lazy dog. I suppose I've now satisfied the premise of this week's Thursday Challenge theme which is, quick, but, before I too, rush off, the word has been quickly spread 'round by Li'l Leighlund that, "my Poppa has wings!". :D

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Lovely pic, lovely story.

Sounds happy.

Week end at last, almost(it's Friday morning here). Too much work, I'm exhausted.

9:32 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

You may have wings, but you're not an angel ;)

3:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
It's always a happy event for Poppa when Leighlund comes to visit. What could be happier than eating cake and drawing?

I'm exhausted too, this was a very long week with another half-day yet to come on Saturday morning.

hpy:
I can always count on Leighlund and you to point out Poppa's little flaws. :D

4:41 AM  
Blogger S. Collier said...

Happy belated!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

the charm school dropout:
Thanks, Sarah! :D

11:17 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Nice story and lovely soft image. Arn't kids gems! It seems to reflect the affection you have for your grandchild and it's such a nice way to record the visit!

Perhaps a photo of you with wings would have fitted nicely in with the bird house series....;)

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...that's so cute!!!! Better watch it, your geeky image may be slipping!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
I do adore that little girl. I have no illusions about my responsibilities as Poppa however: Get out of jail FREE for the next 17 years! At least!

shani:
Oh no! My image is that I'm a geek? :D

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home