Wednesday, April 09, 2008

NEW from The Mister Existence Series -

"Sister Existence With Her head in the Clouds"
digital collage by Mick Mather
If you're paying attention, you might well recognize our twisted sister. As this work progressed along the trail to the many trial images that lead to this piece another version was used elsewhere. For now, that's as much of a hint as you're likely to get. One parallel path for this is the fact that it was created at the time that news was received that Arthur C. Clarke had passed away ... then, a line from "2001: A Space Odyssey" came immediately to mind - "My God! It's full of stars!"

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger S. Collier said...

Mick, this is lovely. Glad you found my blog - you are one of three people that have seen it (Ha?)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Lana Gramlich said...

Popped over from Bill's blog--not sure why I haven't sooner. Very nice work. :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

the charm school dropout:
Thanks for dropping by, Sarah. If I have anything to say about it, at least 3 more will be dropping by.

lana gramlich:
LOL - hi, Lana. It's one of those things I suppose. I'm reaching my limit with how many blogs I can visit on a regular basis, but I do drop in at your place occasionally - I just haven't posted anything. :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Time as always is of the essence, I enjoy your occasional visits. I like the way this looks as if it has directional light, shining on her back and shading her mysterious face.
Not meaning to change the meaning (?) of your image and series but it would make a great shirt print!You could be artist/blogger/fashion guru! lol

1:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
That's true enough for any of us that wade all the way into blogging. For me, the real issue with time is that March, April and May are intense at my office. This is due to the development work for the rest of the year's projects that require many more meetings and working groups than is the norm.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home