Monday, April 07, 2008

Cheap thrills -

"Peeking Past the Blinds"
digital collage by Mick Mather
Tonight's post is an innocent, if somewhat prurient, look at one common dilemma for teenage boys. Having that restless desire and longing that seeks to know more about the female mystery, a bit of pubescent peeking at the recently divorced, neighborhood bombshell is par for the course along that difficult journey to manhood. As I recall, the woman that so impressed the old gang on our street, never afforded us a look as scintillating as what you see here ... but, this is how we all remember it and exactly how we told the tale.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Good legs! Female mystery exists only in men's head ;D

7:20 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Yes, these are fabulous legs! How long have you been looking inside my head by the way? :D

8:20 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

All I ever do is dream, dream, dream...

Great pair of legs, and I must agree with Elegia: female mystery is a myth. We're absolutely down to earth types:))

9:04 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

You make me smile. Thanks!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
LMAO at both you and Elegia over the female mystery thing and you may have a point. However, to a 13 year old boy with raging hormones, probably a minuimum of information from the birds and the bees talk and a highly charged imagination about what the real thing might be like, well, it's a mystery all right! :D

hpy:
I was hoping someone would get a grin out of this one. Thank you, Hélène. :)

3:48 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

cool effects here.

At SLU, I sat on the hill outside the dorm and watched the boys dress--they never closed their shades.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

mary stebbins taitt:
Thanks, Mary, and LMAO at the 2-way street. I should've known that you'd be one of those fine, fine women to do your peeking overtly! :D

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah your lovely piece reminds us of another time, of innocence lost. I'm sure young boys today can see all that they want with a simple net surf. Alas, where's the mystery in that?

3:48 PM  
Blogger candypegram said...

love this piece!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
Sad to say, there's not much mystery left when you put it that way. (sigh!)

candypegram:
I'm delighted that you do and thanks for stopping in at my place. Sorry I wasn't home and that I didn't have tea ready. :)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home