Monday, July 28, 2008

Going Green -

"Green Girl"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I really liked what the manipulating software was doing to this piece, except for the hand. It seems to have turned into some sort of leafy appendage that I find rather unsettling, but I've grown used to it. In the arena of green this and green that, I'm beginning to see the whole idea of labeling all things under the sun, including initiatives of sustainability and sustainable living, with that very term, "Green", as a disservice and more than little misleading. Be that as it may, and just because the word itself is so much fun to say, here's something else that's a little bit - wait for it - green!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

An alien surely!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
What still comes to mind for me is an old, sci-fi horror movie: "The Day of the Triffids". :D

4:07 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

This one is different. You(ve started a new style.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
It appears that way but it's just that new filter I've been using since late last year. I don't often show images with this much of the effect but I've been using subtle layers of it most of the year. :)

4:35 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

It has an oriental feel to me...I do like the softness and the colours and I like this filter.

The word "green" can be misleading as you said and tagged on to many products just to make them more appealing to the conusmer market. A bit like "fat free" being printed on the lollie packet. Not an untruth but still misleading.

Did you use this filter on one or two bird houses? Something seems familiar...

3:46 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
There are at least 3 different filters used in this piece and, yes, one of them is what I use for the Birdhouse Series.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home