Monday, July 21, 2008

Memory Lane -

"Sleeveless Red Blouse"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I went a long way back in the files this morning, finding this image that I never quite finished. It's done in a hazy, impressionistic, painterly style that I was somewhat enamored with back then - some said of this body of work: "It's blurry". While I still do the odd piece that uses the particular filters to supply this look, I do so sparingly these days. It's the haunting look here that always intrigued me.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

THe light falling on the face and the arm makes this picture what it is.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
I think so too, thanks, Hélène.

5:03 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

I like this, too. Impressionism, I think.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, this is from a large body of my very imprssionist-based work.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home