Sunday, July 20, 2008

Plannin' out a route -

"Toast #9"
monotype by Mick Mather
I've begun to hint about my upcoming vacation. From August 11th thru August 22nd I'm going to be doing other things than this blog. Maybe. I'm sure to check in here from time to time, to visit my daily reads and to mess around with an experiment or two without pressure, without expectation and no need to come up with anything spectacular. During that 2-weeks off, there may well be little by way of the usual writing to accompany the work and I'm on a search for short quotes that will serve there instead. We'll see and, for now, here's another monotype from The Toast Series. I have 12 pieces in the series and by the end of my vacation, the other 8 will be posted ... does anyone have a good quote about toast?

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

Are there really quotes out there about toast?? Toast quotes. Hmmmm, a good name for a book! This looks like cinnamon toast btw :D

9:41 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
I'm not sure. I know there's a contemporary children's song about toast, so I guess there might be some nuggets in the lyrics. Anyway, that's why I pose the question ... collaborative learning in action right here in River City! :D

4:32 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

What about "a toast to life". Even if it isn't the same.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Sounds fine to me. I'll be starting a list and this goes right on top! :D

2:24 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

http://wordpress.com/tag/great-quotes-of-toast/

I kid you not! Someone has a blog about it. Bit corny but if you've got time to take a look through the crumbs you might find a nice bit of toast! Ok...now that's corny:)

I'm pleased to see your toast series again. This one looks as if it would have a rough sandy texture if I were to touch it. Oh and I can see a bird too!! Perched high in a branch beneath the clouds. It's eaten a lot of toast though...chubby wee thing!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

lisa sarsfield:
There's nothing quite like a good bit of corn(y) in the summertime. Thanks for the link, there are at least a half dozen good quotes over there. I'll need another handful to round out the series though.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well goodness, I certainly do hope you do something other than check this blog! What's a vacation for if not a good break from the routine?! Wherever you go, I hope you have a very nice time! (And great work...you've made me hungry for cinnamon toast!)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

shani:
Yes, I'm actually planning to stay out of the studio for the better part of those two weeks. As for you being hungry for cinnamon toast, I've been waiting and waiting for someone to see it that way. :)

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home