Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Yellow -

"Yellow"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
- original photograph by HPY -

Yes, I'm quite aware that yesterday's post would also have worked well for this week's theme, yellow, at Thursday Challenge. I also have to admit that I'm cheating a little bit. My good friend, Hélène Pyy-Letellier, from France, took this most marvelous photograph and the moment I laid eyes on it knew that it would be perfect for Dale Hudjik's marvelous photoblog. So I asked permission to work my own magic, cropped the original photograph, manipulated it and, well, here you have it. I'm not so sure that I've improved on the original, though. Hélène's photograph, as all of her work happens to be, is superb! Please do pop over to her place for a good look around when you can. I'll be at one of those darned night meetings and then to a favorite pub for a tumbler of Redbreast Irish Whiskey.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

You have given a Mickish style to the photo!

11:45 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Good working, for both of you. That is what fascinates me in Blogosphere: the inspiration others give us. It's wonderful.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Once again, Hélène, my many thanks for allowing me to play around with this one. :)

susupetal:
You're right about that, of course. It fascinates me as well and the only thing missing here is one of your short stories.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home