Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thursday Challenge: Photography -

"Watching the Detectives"
digital collage by Mick Mather
This week, Thursday Challenge offers us the theme of photography. Not long ago I was working with a terrific group of teenagers on a public art project who managed to design, assemble and site a sculpture in less than 3 weeks time. Part of that effort required documenting as much activity as possible and there were multiple cameras in operation during each creative session. Coleen, a professional photographer with a studio at The Gear Factory where all of this was taking place, appeared one day and offered to shoot a few rolls of film with her big, honkin' rig. Tonight's post is based on two of the photo's I managed to take of her at work after collaging, manipulating and layering as I am wont to do. You can see the sculpture here at No Matter What Shape - The Archive.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

I don't know why, but I saw your phtographer trowing an ax on someone. He must have been mad with his subject.

11:29 PM  
Blogger harlequinpan said...

Wow!!!i LoVe it!!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
LMAO! Her camera does look like an axe being thrown now that I look at it again.

harlequinpan:
Thanks, Harle, I'm glad this one spoke to you. I scratch my head and wonder if some parts of this aren't a lot like your work!

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home