Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NEW from The Selfportrait Series -

"Selfportrait of the Artist as a Silhouette"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
It's been a while since posting an image from this series and you may recall hearing similar sentiments on Saturday when speaking of the dry spell between images in The Mister Existence Series. I have another one ready too, but will wait until a day when I need to go to the well. I'm a bit tired and short on time since construction of the Kings Court Cube began today. You can have a sneak peek at the effort at No Matter What Shape.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Towards light from the shadows -that's how I'd name this self portrait.
Really, we do need light.
All of us. In every way.

9:50 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

It looks like an introspective portrait(is that American or just French?)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
Yes, agreed, all of us need light. What was that ancient phrase? "Let there be light!" That was AC/DC wasn't it? Oops! No, that's something else we might all need in every way.

hpy:
It does appear to be introspective but, truth be told, I was concentrating on holding the camera steady at arms length while attempting to get all of me in the frame! :D

4:54 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

The figure in the darkening evening... So alone he sit. So much to think
and nothing to drink!

I like this very much! There's so much feelings in this pic!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
I say thanks very much with a big "blush"! :)

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home