Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tracking and mapping time -

"A Time Machine Arrives at the Repair Shop"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I suppose this image would fit rather well at the Outer Dust Rings, one of my other blogs that I've had to let go fallow ... too much to do, too little time. I very much enjoyed doing those posts and probably have a nice little coffee table book in the offing if I can ever figure out just how I'd like to see it laid out. Anyway, for now, this piece is dedicated to a pair of very dear friends who took the time to let me know how much they enjoyed the ODR pieces, Mary Stebbins Taitt and Ranjit Bhatnagar - sorry that there's no story to go with this one but, as I was saying, there's just not enough time in my day!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

Looks very interesting, a time machine... Hmm!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

elegia:
Yes, interesting indeed. Having just arrived at The Time Machine Repair Shop one must wonder, since this - as has been determined - is a time machine, do you still have to wait for hours while the mechanics work on the darned thing? :D

7:38 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Where would you travel with time machine, Mick?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
What a great question! I suppose the answer depends upon a lot of the typical paradoxes of time travel; such as, if you go back in time and change the past will the present be different when you return. I should imagine that it's even crazier traveling forward in time. If you discover the winning sequence to the $50-million dollar lottery and play those numbers upon your return, do you get the money? That scenario in particular tells me there isn't any such thing as time travel ... but, if I could do it, how about the Swingin' Sixties in London? That's where I'd love to go - um, with the $50-million of course! :D

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home