Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Almost back to normal -

"Following Patrick Caulfield"
digital collage by Mick Mather
For me, one of the very bright lights among the British Pop Artists was Patrick Caulfield. I spent quite a lot of time studying his work and when I stumbled across this old piece of my own some of those memories came back to me. I'd say more but a quick search will give you a wealth of the real work as opposed to my struggling descriptions; and, since I'm on the mend here at the Secret Visual Laboratory, I have one more day of bed rest before heading back to the real world.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger hpy said...

This could be a book cover.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thank you, Hélène, since you mention it, I suppose that it does. :)

8:15 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Oh, there is a place for the Finnish Sisters and Mick -I see them sipping some nice wine!

Good that you are feeling better, Mick.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Yes! Since I'm feeling better, an evening with all of you and some wine would be nice. Better yet (cough! cough!) could you each bring a dish to pass? :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Where are the food and wine? I'm already sitting on the table (not yet under the table).

I love the colors and simpe style in this pic. Great job, Mick!

2:19 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Elegia:
Susu is bringing the wine, the rest of you could bring a dish that we can all share and, me? Yes, I'll bring myself. :D

4:54 AM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I love how you gave the digital image a light source...streams of light trickling through from a window or skylight some where up higher and out of sight.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
One may always consider that the work exists just as much outside the frame as in. Thanks for speaking to that point, Lisa.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home