Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gandy Dancers Walk -

"Study for Gandy Dancers Walk"
digital collage by Mick Mather
I should begin by saying that I like the way this piece came out. That said, I'm quite likely to revisit this piece and rework it by adding a different background element that will better suit this Walking Art Project. Hopefully, it won't be too different, nor too much alike. Either way, this piece goes all the back to my childhood when walking for miles along railroad tracks with an old Kodak pop-up camera in hand was a favorite pastime. To this day I will often stop the car, grab my camera and walk stretches of track whenever possible. Well, it's time for me to get truckin' ... yes, the original of this slang term comes from that peculiar method of walking, trackin' tie to tie, especially in the dark where one had to lean back and feel for the next secure footing. Class dismissed.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

This is somehow nostalgic, maybe sepia does it. Peaceful.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
There's definitely something peaceful here and I agree that the sepia tone may have a lot to do with it. :)

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, no need to change it too much, I like it as it is, great sepia look going on!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Shani:
It remains to be seen what I'll do. The important thing for me was doing this particular study to test the direction I'd like to take with the series.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Elegia said...

Yes, nostalgic is the word. There's also very interesting combination of hardness (the wall/door) and softness (the plant). But still it's very harmonic.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Elegia:
I say thanks to you, and everyone, for these comments. In many ways, Gandy Dancers Walk is just that sort of a nostalgiac look back as opposed to a single walk. There'll be more images from this new series this week.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home