Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday Challenge: Time -

"Measured in Rings"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
At Thursday Challenge, time is the word of the week. As I was going back through my photo files I came upon an image of a tree that had been cut down, leaving a waist-high stump. I suddenly realized that the visible rings of the unmanipulated photograph were, indeed, a measure of time ... I wonder if that stump is still there? If it is, I might stop back to get a proper photo of the rings themselves and see how many years I can count. Always, there's something else to do!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

Tree tells the time, true, and clever.

8:11 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I saw rings even on the picture before I notriczed that they were just dust on my screen. Spring and sunshine is so horrible! ;-)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
I was hoping someone else might find this a good idea. Thanks, Susu! :)

hpy:
Now, now, don't gt Susu and me started! It's the spring cleaning that's horrible! :D

2:31 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

I have the patience to sit on the stump....again, you aged this very well and it is a bit sad and haunting.

Do you know the sandy denny song "who knows where the time goes."

No question mark...

4:54 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
I appreciate the comments on the aging effect of this piece. I hope I'm not overdoing this technique as I've mentioned once before, but the images posted in this vein have all seemed right. Still, I best be wary of the indulgence.

I actually don't know that Sandy Denny song.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Genius. Great illustration of the theme:)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Lisa Sarsfield:
(...and, he blushes!!!)

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home