Friday, May 22, 2009

Illustration Friday: Cracked -

"Cracked"
digitally manipulated fractal flame by Mick Mather
The theme of the week at Illustration Friday is cracked. Not so long ago I posted a few images in the Database Series that fit pretty well, but I've already used them. What to do? A search of my fractal flame files was rewarded with a piece that I knew would work just as well after a detour through the Secret Visual Laboratory. I'll be off for a few days, although you're not likely to notice ... in the meantime, please keep those who fight for freedom in your thoughts and prayers over this Memorial Day weekend.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger studio lolo said...

This works perfectly Mick.

Be careful on the roads this weekend and have a blast wherever you go!

I can see you toodling down the Pacific Coast Hwy :)
It's an amazing ride, for sure.
I'll miss it.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

studio lolo:
Thanks, Laurel, and I will be careful. I'm not going far, but it will keep me busy. My own drives along the coast are over a decade ago and I miss them too. There's one particular 10 or 15 mile stretch, just south of Daly City, that will always remain magical in my imperfect memory. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

I grew up in daly city I know the drive down highway one

3:56 PM  
Blogger S. Collier said...

Very visually interesting. Hope your mini-break is good. Thanks for your insightful response to my education rant.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

I like your illustration a lot! Nice work.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
As I say, to me, it's one of the most beautiful and romantic drives I've ever taken.

THE CHARM SCHOOL DROPOUT:
Thanks very much, Sarah.

You're more than welcome as regards my response and I hope someone comes up with an incremental plan that can start turning things around sooner rather than later. I firmly believe, by the bye, that it will be one person, initially, who will begin such a movement ... and, that person will NOT be among those who currently work for the government at any level.

Digital Scott:
As always, I appreciate it when you're moved to respond to one of my pieces. Thanks, Scott!

6:47 PM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Cracked, let's heal it. Mend it.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
You bring the glue, I already have the mending tape. :)

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home