Monday, May 18, 2009

Of Thee I Sing -

"Stimulus Package II (Purple Mountains Version)"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather
I was fiddling around with the Disintegration Collaboration photographs for Part II of Seth Apter's project. It's a lot of fun seeing what one can do with a simple photograph of a piece of string and todays post took a distinct left turn from what I thought I was creating. Anyway, here's another of the series of digital prints that will be revealed on August 1st.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SusuPetal said...

I saw the word "sing" and then the top of the pic, and the song "The hills are alive with the sound of music" came to my mind.

Quite a powerful presentation your work!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
It's good when an image can instantly bring a song to mind. :)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

Clever. Who would have ever guessed that this began with a piece of string?? It is like an ink blot. I see mountains!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Seth:
Sometimes it's even hard for me to believe! More to come. :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger John M. Mora said...

double breasted law.suit

free assosciation tuesday!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
I'm not going to lay down for that! No sir. :|

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home