Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday Challenge: Trees -

"Trees I"
manipulated digital photograph by Mick Mather
The theme is trees at Thursday Challenge this week. I should say, and any who've followed this blog for any length of time can agree, I have plenty of images from which to choose for this topic. Not wanting to drift too far into the obvious, it occurred to me that a recent photograph taken in the living room - of some interesting patterns of light - also features an old photograph of mine. Standing in a cheap, paper frame just beyond a most interesting floral candle, is an old shed. It sits, perched beyond the crest of a hill, among a small stand of mature, experienced oaks. Their position and the battered, well used demeanor of the shed gave up one of my favorite double entendre titles: "Over the Hill".

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger John M. Mora said...

makes me long for the gap betweenspring and high summer - great image

4:58 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Two in one, the candle is almost like a blossoming forest and the photo behind goes even deeper into the theme.

Here's a suitable song by the Finnish band Nightwish.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

John:
It's funny you say that because the photo was taken at exactly that point in time. :)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
I was thinking something like this but couldn't quite figure out the right way to express it. You've done it perfectly ... thank you Susu! :)

7:11 AM  
Blogger hpy said...

I like both of your pictures. The old barn under the trees is one I have a feeling of having already seen, it gives me a nice familiar feeling, and the second one withthe candle is a great composition. Have a nice weekend.

2:27 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

hpy:
Thanks, Hélène ... I often say that evoking such feelings is the artists reward whenever it happens. :)

7:18 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Have a nice weekend, Mick -I'm off the net for a couple of days.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

SusuPetal:
Thank you, Susu, have fun on your mini-vacation. :)

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home