Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another nod to Bill Ives -

"After the Rain"
digitally manipulated photograph by Mick Mather

- original photograph by Bill Ives -
Here's another image that began with one of the beautiful photographs taken by my beantown buddy, Bill Ives. The original is a great study of a row of plastic chairs down on the beach at Point Independence Inn, Onset, Massachusetts. After asking him for permission to do one of my manipulations, soon began the processes of cropping, filtering and layering. In short order I was just plain stuck, I wasn't getting what I wanted and I walked away from it for a few weeks. With fresh eyes I began the process again, using filters that I wouldn't ordinarily employ, only to be foiled a second time. Before putting it away, though, I ran a few experiments, had some fun and chalked it up to experience. That was back in August and tonight, while surfing the summer files again, it jumped right back out at me! This is rather blocky and jumbled up but I like the way the cubist forms repeat, relate and resolve themselves within the whole piece. Thanks again, Bill. :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Elegia said...

This is very sensitive and breakable. Like a angels in a heaven. The original photo is very beautiful too.

Somehow this reminds me of the song of Nightwish: Meadows of heaven. I'm listening it right now.

10:37 PM  
Blogger hpy said...

Just like rainwater on the windscreen (yes, I always drive).

11:10 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

elina:
Hmmmm, another song I'm unfamiliar with. However, I don't listen to as wide a range of music these days so it isn't all that surprising to me. :)

hpy:
Thanks for this point of view. I need to look again I think. :)

4:48 AM  
Blogger SusuPetal said...

Meadows of heaven

Yes, that song suits this picture, Elina is right.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

susupetal:
This is beginning to sound like a testimonial. I better find it and have a listen. :)

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home