Friday, April 06, 2007

Illustration Friday: Green -

"Sailors Confront The Green Sea"
digital collage by Mick Mather
To my brothers who have sailed across any large body of water, a dedication with tonight's theme, green, at Illustration Friday. Having spent my fair share of time upon rough and treacherous waters, a darkening sky and a pea green sea can test the metal of the best of men, especially when their waves and stinging spray hurdle the gunwales. Believe me when I tell you that there are few frights as powerful as being tossed by an angry, uncaring and unforgiving sea. To the captain brave and every adventuresome tar, a pint of rum for passing the test and Davy Jones keeps the rest!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Excellent work and great idea for the topic.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Bob:
Thanks so much. Like you, I often surf the internet for images that inspire me. This piece is the result of at least three different images that hit me between the eyes.

6:08 PM  
Blogger neilornstein said...

very nicely done

7:31 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Neil:
Having just surfed through snorkblog a little ways, I take this as a high compliment. I love your work too and will be back when I can stay a little longer.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home