Sunday, May 13, 2007

Comfortable and relaxed -

"The Japanese Chairs"
montage by Mick Mather
I always enjoy these early weeks of springtime when the world is soft, fuzzy and painted in that rainbow of pastel hues. The lawns, parks and country clubs appear to be surrounded by green, velvety felts, the sort that you want to run barefoot across, perhaps to throw oneself down upon, with abandon, and roll all over them. Then there's the subject of today's post, an old favorite of mine, chairs. As I've mentioned here before, I have a journal specific to chairs and I love them. To me, each and every one offers an invitation, "Come, rest here with me a while, let your cares go free, sit quietly, listen intently and observe this beautiful place". An invitation that I've accepted often since I was a young boy and many of my new friends (a wink for Kirsi) have been discussing that issue of the "examined life"...a pursuit that is highly recommended.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *Itkupilli* said...

Oh I love the lake, or must be see, which is sparkling. Beautiful.

I have quite professonal relationship with the chairs. And love chairs as an object, but I can't use them. I mean I can't sit on chairs. At home I work on the floor or I lie in bed.:)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Itkupilli:
Thanks, as always, for your comments. I suppose I know what you mean about chairs - some are very uncomfortable. I'm not certain that I could easily sit on the floor for any length of time either. As for lying in bed? I'd be asleep as soon as I assumed the horizontal position! :D

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home